Got questions or want to be on the show?
Email me or hit me up through Twitter (@caseybourque) or social media and I’ll make sure I help you out. Look for live Q&A sessions and call-ins. Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform to get Golf Essentials every day.
Draw a Line in the Sand
Super simple pitching and bunker play drill for improving your consistency. It’s all about impacting the ball or the ground in the same place every time.
Here’s how it goes:
- Draw a line in the sand about 4-6 feet long
- Address the line as if it were the golf ball
- Make a standard bunker swing, trying to “erase the line”
- Impact the sand behind the line, exit the sand after the line
- Repeat moving up the line until you’ve erased the whole thing
- Review all your entries and exits for consistency – where did your club enter the sand and exit the sand? Is it staggered or is it consistent?
I promise that investing about 5 minutes daily into this drill will bring big improvements in your bunker play and pitching game.