Got questions or want to be on the show?
Email me or hit me up through Twitter (@caseybourque) or social media and I’ll make sure I help you out. Look for live Q&A sessions and call-ins. Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform to get Golf Essentials every day.
More Players the Better
Stymies is a vicious competitive putting game that is best played with as many people as you can wrangle up. Find 10 people and you’ll have a blast.
It’s a total strokes game played on the practice putting green…usually with some fun people that don’t mind beating each other up a little bit.
How you Play:
- Draw straws to determine who goes first – it’s super important to keep the order
- After the first hole, use golf’s honor system to set order of play – low score on previous hole leads off
- Player with the honor chooses the hole
- All players putt in order, leaving their ball in place
- If a ball strikes another ball, the player who putted incurs a 1-stroke penalty
- The player farthest from the hole ALWAYS goes first.
- No finishing out whatsoever – including 1″ putts – in fact, the point is to get in everyone’s way if you don’t hole out.
- Low score wins
We used to play this game for $1 per stroke…which can get pretty hefty. Go with what you feel comfortable with, but I highly suggest some value per stroke to keep everyone engaged the entire time on every shot…otherwise, people get silly when they know they’ve lost.