Got questions or want to be on the show?
Email me or hit me up through Twitter (@caseybourque) or social media and I’ll make sure I help you out. Look for live Q&A sessions and call-ins. Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform to get Golf Essentials every day.
A Revolution in Clothing Retail
Super cool conversation with Nik Bando, Founder & CEO of Bogeybox Golf Club.
So, Nik figured out that he (along with what turns out to be a ton of other men out there) hates to go shopping – especially for clothing. I’m definitely included in that group.
His solution is one that plays on a beautiful blend of technology and white glove personalized customer service.
In a nutshell, here’s how it works:
- You register at bogeyboxgolfclub.com by letting them know you sizes, style preferences, and types of clothing you’re interested in.
- You determine how often you want to “shop” – could be weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually or anything in between.
- A human selects articles of clothing based on your preferences, packs them up and sends them to you for free.
- When the box arrives, you try stuff on, keep what you like and send back the rest.
- Over time, the system gets “smarter” and learns what you like and don’t like
- At any time, you can request item changes, rush orders, alternate selections, etc.
- Super easy – shop while you’re eating Dorito’s watching football.
Big Benefits to Golfers
I get that there are lots of creative online retailers out there. There are a bunch of reasons why I’m liking this methodology and this company.
Here’s what I love about this business model:
They don’t want to send you anything that you don’t love
It’s that simple. They lose crazy money in shipping costs if they bombard you with crap that you never want to buy. This is systematically different than any other method of buying clothing online.
I love that they have some skin in the game…and by the way, we as customers don’t. If stuff doesn’t fit, or it’s not what you want, there’s literally nothing at stake for us as buyers. They’re putting their money where their mouth is in terms of how in tune to your tastes they’ll become.
I love it…and I believe I’ll be doing a lot of business with these guys honestly.
Another Big Reason Nik and BBGC are Super Cool
I was totally taken off guard by this, but Nik is a personal friend of Gary Vaynerchuk. In fact, Gary is an original investor in BogeyBox Golf Club. By the way, Gary and his team sees thousands and thousands of startup pitches every year…and this is one that he got behind.
I personally believe 1000% in Gary Vee’s methodologies, I’m executing against them as we speak, and I have a ton of instant respect for someone who’s spent years working alongside Gary at Vayner Media.
Really glad to have connected with Nik and I’m excited about what these guys are doing…for no other reason than the business model just makes sense for most guys that I know.
Gary Vaynerchuk on the Merits of BogeyBox Golf Club